Friday, October 30, 2009

Hannibal

Had a wonderful trip to Hannibal last weekend with my 2 very best friends in the whole world....Tippi, and her mom Mary came along, and Melissa who brought her daughter Kacee.
We only had Saturday and Sunday but managed to cram in alot of sightseeing. We went into downtown Hannibal and of course toured Mark Twain's childhood home as well as alot of other local attractions....We went to Rockcliffe Mansion http://www.rockcliffemansion.com/ and it was a beautiful home that is supposedly haunted by the family that built it...not in a bad way, just that their energy is still present, I myself do not believe that people who once lived can have their spirits wandering around, however, I do think that sometimes a person, or group of people can have a profound effect on a place that you can feel their history there....Might not make sense the way I explain it but I know what I mean.
We also climbed the stairs (244 of them) to the top of the Mark Twain Memorial Lighthouse
The view was well worth the climb and yet had I known you could drive past the first 135 stairs or so, I definately would have.....
Will be add my own pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you got to go, and so glad you had a great time, this is what you needed. Cant wait to see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete